Our Learning Charter
In all its teaching, training and learning activities WDDA will:
● Aim to provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for learners, tutors, trainers, authorised visitors and other persons involved in the administration of its courses and venues.
● Provide suitably qualified tutors and trainers who are fully conversant with the latest specifications and standards laid down by Awarding Bodies for accredited qualifications.
As a learner attending a course organised by WDDA you can expect:
● Clear information about course fees, including concessions, content, duration, aims, objectives and assessments at the point of enrolment and at course induction.
● Regular discussion and feedback on progress towards your learning aims and objectives.
● Advice on suitable progression routes.
● To be treated with respect and due concern for your individual learning needs by all persons involved in the teaching and administration of your course and venue.
● Prompt attention and response to any complaints and grievances about your course.
● Any confidential information about you will not be disclosed to any parties without your express permission.
As a learner attending a course run by WDDA we expect you to:
● Comply with all health and safety instructions issued by the course tutor.
● Treat with respect the equipment and facilities provided at the course venue or loaned for your personal use outside of direct teaching sessions.
● Treat with respect other learners, tutors, trainers, authorised visitors and other persons involved in the administration of your course and venue.
● Disclose any medical conditions that could put yourself or others at risk during attendance at programmed sessions.
● Inform WDDA as soon as practically possible if you are unable to attend a programmed session.
● For courses run over more than one programmed session, you may be entitled to a refund of the course fee you have paid only if WDDA receives formal notice of your withdrawal from the course on or before the date of the second programmed session.