- Develop receptive skills to be able to understand everyday signed explanations or descriptions on a range of topics, but focussing on Holiday & Travel, Shopping & Spending and Food & Drink.
- Use BSL to provide personal, social or work information in presentations using correct: sign order, handshapes, pace and flow, signing space, placement and referents, role shift, non manual features.
- Understand and take part in routine conversations in BSL using appropriate vocabulary, correct sign order, recognise questions, responses, requests and opinions.
- The aim of the course is to increase your confidence in using and following conversations and presentations in BSL. By the end of the course you will have extended the range of your vocabulary and linguistics and be ready to complete further access Level studies in preparation for full Level 2 assessments from Signature.
- Learners should have achieved BSL 1, as the course will build upon these skills. However, there will be an opportunity for those to re-take parts of BSL 1 if required, alongside the development of your skills towards level 2.
For further information about the Signature BSL Level 2 course specification go to; www.signature.org.uk
There is no qualification or examination attached to this course. On successful completion of the course and qualification you will be ready to begin study for formal qualifications at Level 2.
No course dates available at this time.